CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Low-Cal Banana Bread

I found this recipe on 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet (so it HAS to be great, right?).  Once I try it, I'll let you know!

Ingredients (makes 16 small slices):

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
3 tbsp. Promise Light Buttery Spread
1/4 cup applesauce
2 medium mashed bananas (200g)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients :) You know the drill. I left my batter a little lumpy because I wanted to be able to see some banana chunks in the bread. Then I poured it into a greased springform pan and baked it at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes (depending on the oven). The bread should be a golden brown color and cooked around the edges.

Nutrition Information (per slice - 1 weight watchers point):

60 calories
1g fat
11g carbohydrates
1g fiber
2g protein

0 comments:

Post a Comment